CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Driving me Crazy

So I passed my driver's test (amazing, I know) and suddenly I am the go-to girl for all kinds of errands. I wouldn't mind so much, but I can't stand the other driver's in this freaking city. I mean, really, how hard is it to figure out what lane you want to be in?
In other news, I broke out some watercolors today. This was an unbelievable amount of fun. I tried to echo the style of Monet. This was a complete and utter failure, but then, my watercolor skills are sadly lacking. I always have issues getting the finer details because the paint runs. Oils are definitely more my forte. I may give acrylics a shot soon though. Might be fun.
I'm going to take my sketch pad to the park tomorrow and do some quick sketches of the people walking around, trying to get more movement in my drawings and make it look less staged. I also want to try drawing the trees and play with the texture and shadows in the leaves.
I did a drawing of my son from a photo. At first I didn't really like it, but now it's growing on me. I think I might finish it. Tell me what you think.
The photo:
April06 054
My sketch:
img012
Not perfect, I know, but I rather like it.

0 comments: