Blogger marked me as spam! How rude!
Anyway, now that that's all straightened out, I've been doing a lot of sketching over the past couple of days. I'm mostly working on figure sketches, practicing on poses and proportions (talk about alliteration). They've mostly come out pretty well, a few issues with the arms and hands mostly, and I find silhouettes to be particularly difficult, since I use the shading as a basis for proportions. But my shading isn't so great lately, possibly because I have no working printer, but I'm having issues with the finer nuances of dark and light. Maybe I should take some objects from around my house and work on drawing them. Figurines, light bulbs, that kind of thing. It would be a good way to practice texture too.
Oh, I wrote a song. It's not a particularly good song, but it is one, complete with rhythm and rhyming phrases. I'm kind of proud of it, it even has a bridge. I may try writing another one, or some more technical poetry.
I also got some charcoal pencils to play with. Mechanical pencil is great, but I think I can get more depth with the charcoal. On a more personal note, I got my car (finally) and I go to take my driver's test tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about it, but it would be really nice to get my license so I'm trying not to psych myself out too much.
By the way, if anyone wants to view my sketches, you can go to my deviantart site
Monday, April 28, 2008
Figuratively Sketching
Posted by Pixie at 3:38 PM
Labels: art rulez, look at my sketchies, random life-stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment